5 things I learned at the troubleshooting Final Cut Pro class.
– Google did a study that says after 2 years the failure of hard drives goes way up.
– Keep a little note pad next to your system and record every install/system change you make so you can more easily back-track as you troubleshoot a problem system.
– There are slow Firewire 100 and 200 protocols that some video decks use adn that can slow down your whole chain.
– Instead of running a disk defragmentation utility, copy the contents of one drive to another.
– Unplug Firewire and USBÃ‚Â drives you aren’t using on an edit to reduce the “chatter” from the unused drives that can cause a slow-down.